Ten years ago today (April 9, 1999) our dad, grandpa, friend, partner, and golf pal died. Jiggs was the most interesting, enthusiastic, positive, hard working, loving man I have ever known.
He loved his dear June, loved his kids, LOVED his grandkids, loved golf, basketball, coaching, working, Hawaii, people, and loved life.
He never met a challenge that he didn't think he could conquer - and worked until he did conquer anything that stood in his way. His favorite scripture and motto - "Search diligently, pray always, be believing..." is what he lived by.
I think about him everyday. I wish I could play golf with him again, watch a basketball game with him, watch the Masters with him (that's the last thing I ever did with him - the day before he died we sat and watched the Masters all afternoon).
I wish I was more like him! Here's to our dad - we miss you!(Thanks for the pictures Marty--I "borrowed" them from you!)

4 comments:
Cute post! I still miss him too! I love this pic, he is so cute!!
Great post! It's so awesome that our parents continue to teach, love and influence us after all this time. It's evidence that families are forever.
love that post..(glad you posted finally), that was so sweet..made me cry...makes me miss all of them sooo much...love the pictures...
loved the pictures. we are so lucky to have had our parent!
Post a Comment